Makeblock robot kits are gaining popularity among robot enthusiasts wanting to share their passion for building and programming robots to their children. These are highly-recommended toys that improve children’s intellectual and logical abilities, as well as creativity. The robot kits also promote quality bonding time with their parents while finishing the projects. Adults can also enjoy these impressive devices.
The mBot is an all-in-one educational robot designed to help kids learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) during assembly. Kids can enjoy hands-on experience about programming, electronics, and robotics.
The kit contains 38 assembly parts, color-coded RJ25 ports for wiring, tools, an instruction manual and a follower map. The kit is very easy to assemble. you can even do it in 10 minutes!
Easily program your mBot using the drag-and-drop software mBlock. It is based on Scratch 2.0 that lets children learn programming, control the robot and discover different functions from the robot. This robot kit comes with different basic pre-assembled options like obstacle-avoidance car, line-following vehicle and remote control car. It can also be used in some games.
The mBot offers infinite extensibility as it is compatible with other Makeblock and most of Lego parts. Its electronic parts were designed and developed based on the Arduino open source ecosystem. This is definitely not just a toy!
Here are some downloadable tools for your mBot:
- mBot User Manual: although already included in the kit, you can still download the manual anytime.
- mBlock: a graphical programming environment based on Scratch 2 which is an open source code that makes it easy to program robot kits.
- mBlock Kids maker rocks with robots: a 12-chapter guide for programming mBot; it has game scenes for learning graphic programming, electronics, robotics.
- Scratch 2.0 The Adventures of Mike: a 9-chapter guide for Scratch 2.0 with interactive stories, games and animation.
- mBot App: free app specifically designed for the mBot robot; lets you pair your mBot with a cellphone via bluetooth. This app is available in Apple App store and Google Play; compatible with iOS 7.1 or above and with iPhones 5 or above, iPads, iPod touch, Android 2.2 and higher.
- mBlockly: free app that lets you control your mBlock using iOS system; available to download at Apple store; requires iOS 7.1 or above. Compatible with iPads except iPad 1 and iPad 2.
The Starter Robot Kit is an excellent choice for those that are starting the robot assembly hobby. It has beginner-friendly step-by-step easy to follow instructions. Easily learn electronics, graphic programming (Scratch) and Arduino programming. This kit can be assembled as a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car. It is available in 3 versions: Bluetooth version, IR version, and No Electronic version.
The kit comes complete with assembly parts such as mechanical parts, sensors and electronic modules, tools and an instruction manual. There's no need to solder as it features easy wiring.
The Starter Robot Kit is also compatible with mBlock and works on Scratch 2.0. You can program your robot by simply dragging and dropping function blocks.
Get these Makeblock Robot Kits at MetroSix at discounted prices.